2010/12/12

Bonnets, Belts and Boots



This week Paris had some of the worst weather I have seen in my 32 years of living here. Paris was beautiful under a blanket of white snow, but dressing for this occassion left me a little bewildered. So, even though it is not the most poetic of fashion advice, I have learned that if my ears and feet are warm, the rest follows. To be perfectly honest, my grandmother told me that some 50 years ago, but as an adolescent, I listened with respect and left the house without the acessories she had so lovingly placed by the door. I have a little smile for her everytime I pull that bonnet over my head these days.
And today, I say thanks to my new friend Ellise Pierce. Ellise is a fellow Texan and lives in Paris. She is without a doubt one of the most talented chefs I have ever had the pleasure of meeting. Please do yourselves a favor and click on to her blog CowgirlChef. Ellise has made a name for herself in Paris. She caters to all things "wonderful food wise". Need to learn how to cook........Ellise is there. Need to have a meal catered ..........Ellise is there. Need to have wonderful meals made by her loving and talented hands and then delivered to your home.......Ellise is there. I entrust entire weeks of meals to her genuis!!!
What is more, Ellise turned me on to these life saving black fur lined boots. They are hand made by a company called n.d.c. When I say they have not been anywhere but on my feet since the first day I purchased them, I am telling the truth. Everyone needs a new friend like Ellise!!!

Bonnet by Crimson
Cashmere T-Shirt by Crimson
Pea Coat by Crimson
Belt by Prada
Skirt by Aurore Thibault
Cashmere Stockings by Crimson
Gloves by Crimson
Poncho (worn as scarf) Crimson
Bag by Nina Ricci

Special thanks to my daughter India for being my personal photographer.
Special thanks to my sister for discovering Ellise in the first place!!!

Little prevue for next posting: Chanel windows in winter
A bientot, Linda

1 commentaire:

*Marine Fleury* a dit…

i love this look!!!
what a stylish mommy