2012/02/05

La Main de Fatima or The Hand of Fatima


The Hand of Fatima is not a religious symbol. It is a symbol of the spirit of hope. Hope against all things destructive and evil. I happen to appreciate the significance in wearing it. I started collecting these early on when visiting the souks of Marrakech. Now, it has become a personal pilgrimage. I always buy another one before leaving. I am making a charm necklace out of them.

My goal is always to find a vintage piece fashioned by hand and made of silver. Shapes vary but stay true to the Five Finger form in one way or another. If you would like to understand the story in its true historical form, I encourage you to reasearch this on-line.

What you will understand is that it is a sign of Divine Protection. Hey, I like the idea!!!

Back to Paris...........Going from 23 degrees to -7 degrees........Must take my vitamins for another form of divine protection.

Aucun commentaire: