2012/01/12

A Stroll and a Cappucino in Florence






Pitti Uomo is the biggest men's pret-a-porter show exisiting. It happens twice a year in Florence. Once in January and again in June. I usually go both times as I feel it is necessary to understand the trends for men's fashion. Also, there are about 1000 exhibiters showing anything and everything a man could and should wear. It is a beautiful show, and a lot of work.
I went to see my manufacturer for the beautiful gloves he makes for Crimson. I enjoyed buying a few hats for next winter. Scarves are more and more important. Crimson is famous for having 40 colors of socks for men in wool or Egyptian cotton.....also manufactured in Italy.

Today was the last day and I had scheduled a late afternoon flight back to Paris. For once I wanted to actually see a bit of Florence and not just the exhibition halls. So, I raced back to my hotel, packed my bag and set out for a stroll around the streets of Florence.

I find it overwhelmingly beautiful. The architecture, the sculptures, the incredible frescoes on the ceilings. What a priviledge to view the richness of history in this small town in Tuscany.
So, here you have just a few pictures of what I saw on my stroll through Florence today. I took around 200 photos, but obviously cannot possibly put them on my blog.

I cannot drink cafeine and I am lactose intolerant, however, I always have one capuccino when I come for Pitti Uomo in Florence. I love the ambience in the cafe's. I just want to be a part of it.
So, I order my cappucino and even pour a little sugar just like the regulars. Ah, it feels good to be a Florentine for a day.

Gotta catch my flight to Paris...........

1 commentaire:

Létyssia a dit…

Je ne connais pas Florence, j'avais l'intention d'y aller cette année.
Cela me donne vraiment envie de partir maintenant !!!!
merci de me confirmer mon choix
létyssia