2011/04/16

The Princess In Me


Once upon a time about five years ago, I discovered a designer. She was showing her collection in a beautiful suite in the Ritz Hotel on the Place Vendome in Paris. Her name is Luisa Beccaria, and I fell in love with her clothes. She is of Italian nobility and has a chateau in Sicily. This woman only knows luxury. Her creations are what dreams are made of.........luscious silks, pretty velvets, gold threaded tweeds. Her prints often reproduced on silks and satins are vintage 18th century designs she discovers. They are the ultimate in feminity. This coat makes me feel like a princess when I wear it. Pastel aqua tweed with gold threads.......aqua velvet piping...... seed pearls and gold glass beading embellish both the collar and cuff.....lining is aqua charmeuse silk. It probably deserves better company that my cords and boots, but what can I say........I do not know how to pull off the head to toe princess look. Still, I do feel slightly precious when wearing my Princess Coat. Must admit it is a feeling I could become accustomed to.......

xx Linda


3 commentaires:

Anonyme a dit…

Linda,
Même sans ce manteau, vous êtes une princesse.
Mille bisous
Mme B

KatyE. a dit…

Love the coat!!!! Looks great on you! It is also one of my favorite colors. I have always had an emotional connection to my clothes. Some items more than others, of course. It is a special feeling to feel like a princess! And I just love that you wear it with "regular" clothes. It would be too over the top if the whole outfit was regal. (Nice ring!!!)

Anonyme a dit…

Fabulous look!! I absolutely love it.
And that ring! Where is it from? It's to die for!
Wish you the best,
Catherine